Welcome to the California Author Project.
Through this project, libraries are helping local authors get the recognition they deserve for writing great books. This year's contest kicks off on April 1, 2018, and submissions will be accepted through June 30, 2018.
Prizes and Eligibility
The winners of this contest will receive:
- $500 each in Adult and Young Adult categories
- A write-up in the December print issue of Library Journal
- Honors at ALA Midwinter 2019 THRIVE Reception in Seattle
- Opportunities to promote your book(s) at California Public Libraries
- A Library Journal Digital Review (Winners + Honorable Mentions)
Each book that is submitted to the contest must be:
- In an adult fiction or young adult fiction genre
- Written by a California resident
- Available in either ePUB or PDF file
If your book meets the above criteria, please click below to get started.
*For books that do not win, you will still have the opportunity to have your book assessed by Library Journal curators as part of the SELF-e program and make your book available throughout California in the statewide Indie collection.